Primary Ukulele Teacher Required
Primary Ukulele teacher
Looking for a talented and inspiring ukulele classroom teacher to work with some of our primary schools in London. The lessons will be held on Monday afternoons and Wednesday afternoons, starting at a rate of £100 for two hours’ teaching.
To apply, please forward a CV and cover letter detailing your musical and educational experience and the reasons behind your interest in this role. We are looking to fill this role by Monday 19th February ideally, so would advise applications to be sent as soon as possible, but will continue to accept applications until we find the right candidate.
Contact: Carys Evans / firstname.lastname@example.org
More details below-
• A music degree, or equivalent professional experience
• Right to work in the UK
• Professional experience as a musician
• A proven portfolio of experience of planning and delivering music projects, activities, workshops and classes
• Experience of delivering musical activities within a school setting, supporting teachers and/or students
• Experience of setting class or project objectives and tracking progress according to these objectives
• Experience of working with hard to reach and at risk children
• Knowledge of a variety of musical genres/styles
• A sound understanding of safeguarding procedures, or a willingness to undergo training in this area
• Up to date knowledge of developments and good practice in music education
• Proven desire to work musically within an educational setting
• Ability and willingness to understand and respond to sometimes complex behavioural needs
• Open and responsive attitude towards engaging and collaborating with a variety of leaders, teachers, students and musical genres
• Proactive approach to planning and leading musical sessions
• Ability to work flexibly to meet and achieve participant needs and set objectives
The successful applicant will be working within a school environment, so will be required to submit to an Enhanced DBS check.